Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Few Quick Links

  • Lydell Ross is selling his national championship ring (HT: MotSaG) - The obvious question is, of course, "Why?" Money is the obvious answer. He isn't actually selling it on eBay, I don't think, as the seller is also selling a gold pants charm from 2005, after Ross graduated. This means that whoever the seller is, he apparently has some connections with former players, particularly the disgruntled and in need of money segments. Interesting, and kind of a shame, since I'm not sure I could bring myself to part with a gold pants charm, let alone a national championship ring. But it's their stuff, they can do whatever they want with it, I guess.
  • T.J. Downing is pro-Sea of Scarlet - He basically says that it was really loud at Penn State, and OSU fans should try and do even better than PSU. I agree with him on both counts. Just because I don't really think of this game so much as revenge or a rivalry, doesn't mean I don't want a deafening environment for the game. I don't think it will be too insane, partly because it's an afternoon game, and partly because it's supposed to rain for the game, but it will still be plenty loud. I'm looking forward to it.
  • The replay official who botched the Oklahoma-Oregon game is taking a leave of absence - Probably for the best. It's a tough job, and I gotta say that anytime I see an official interviewed, I'm pretty impressed with how serious they are about always making the right call and how hard they take screwing up. This is probably for the best though. By next year, people will have moved on. Except for Oklahoma. Okies never forget. On a related note, I gotta say that Bobby Knight's comments are pretty funny.

No comments: