Friday, September 29, 2006

Week Five BlogPoll

A little late, I know, but here's the BlogPoll I submitted for this week:

RankTeamDelta
1 Ohio State --
2 Southern Cal --
3 Auburn --
4 Florida --
5 Texas --
6 Michigan --
7 West Virginia --
8 Louisiana State 1
9 Iowa 1
10 Notre Dame 1
11 Georgia 3
12 Oregon --
13 Louisville --
14 Virginia Tech 1
15 Oklahoma 2
16 Nebraska --
17 Tennessee 1
18 Cal 4
19 UCLA 2
20 Penn State 1
21 TCU 4
22 Clemson 4
23 Arizona State 9
24 Boise State 2
25 Florida State 1

Dropped Out: Michigan State (#20), Alabama (#23), Boston College (#24).

Notes:
  • I probably should have punished West Virginia for the trouble they had with ECU, but I couldn't convince myself that they should be ranked lower.
  • A friend of mine (not a Buckeye fan) argues that Iowa has done nothing to warrant a top-10 ranking. Upon further review, I'm inclined to agree. Unfortunately, he points this out after I submitted the ballot. Oh well, we'll know just how good they are after this weekend.
  • Oklahoma moved up in large part because I shouldn't have dropped them that much last week. I still think they're worse than Oregon, but not as much worse as I had them.
  • UCLA loses and moves up? Oops. My bad.
  • Penn State didn't drop much because I didn't really learn anything new about them in that game. The game showed they had an excellent defense, a very good running game, and a QB that was the weakness of the team. I knew all that before the game.
  • Look for Clemson to continue to rise. The only loss was on a fluke in OT; they're at least a top 20 team, I think.
  • Florida State, successfully running the football! Way to go guys! Advancing the ball by carrying it. Jeff Bowden is an innovator.
  • Dammit, Michigan State, I believed in you! I thought this year would be different! But noooo, same old MSU.

No comments: