Dropped Out: Michigan State (#20), Alabama (#23), Boston College (#24).
- I probably should have punished West Virginia for the trouble they had with ECU, but I couldn't convince myself that they should be ranked lower.
- A friend of mine (not a Buckeye fan) argues that Iowa has done nothing to warrant a top-10 ranking. Upon further review, I'm inclined to agree. Unfortunately, he points this out after I submitted the ballot. Oh well, we'll know just how good they are after this weekend.
- Oklahoma moved up in large part because I shouldn't have dropped them that much last week. I still think they're worse than Oregon, but not as much worse as I had them.
- UCLA loses and moves up? Oops. My bad.
- Penn State didn't drop much because I didn't really learn anything new about them in that game. The game showed they had an excellent defense, a very good running game, and a QB that was the weakness of the team. I knew all that before the game.
- Look for Clemson to continue to rise. The only loss was on a fluke in OT; they're at least a top 20 team, I think.
- Florida State, successfully running the football! Way to go guys! Advancing the ball by carrying it. Jeff Bowden is an innovator.
- Dammit, Michigan State, I believed in you! I thought this year would be different! But noooo, same old MSU.