Thursday, May 04, 2006

Around the sports world in 30 minutes. . .

I've been pretty busy lately with midterms, assignments, and an internship search (anyone hiring a finance major for the summer?), so I haven't had a lot of time to post. But here's some news I wanted to comment on:
  • The U.S. soccer team was announced - The experts say that this is our strongest team ever, possibly good enough to make the semi-finals in the World Cup. I'm looking forward to it. I'm kind of surprised Taylor Twellman didn't make the team, but I'm not gonna question Bruce Arena. The guy pretty clearly knows what he's doing.
  • Kobe Bryant and Raja Bell have been feuding - Raja Bell on Kobe: "I have no respect for him. I think he's a pompous, arrogant individual." Um, yeah Raja. Duh. You're allowed to be pompous and arrogant when you're the best in the world at what you do. Two things to keep in mind, Mr. Bell: Kobe's left arm is more talented than you are, and the guy plays better when he's challenged and under pressure. You should probably have kept your mouth shut, Mr. Undrafted Free Agent.
  • Lebron: Still Awesome - Remember a month or two ago, when LeBron wasn't clutch? Those were some dark days. But all that's over now. I really think the guy watches ESPN for motivation before practice. "I don't have a jumpshot, huh? We'll see about that." "I don't make my teammates better? Watch me turn Flip Murray into a respectable player." "Oh, I'm not clutch, am I Skip? We'll see about that." The guy's all about constant improvement, bringing his weak points up to par. My logistics professor would be proud.
  • Brandon Saine committed to the Bucks - This one was a bit of a surprise, as he was considered a lean to that school up north. But he saw the light in the end. I haven't paid much attention to recruiting for next year so far, so I don't know much about the guy. He's a very fast running back who'll probably end up rated 4 stars, or maybe even 5. That's about the extent of my knowledge about the kid. I expect he'll be used mostly in the return game for the first year or two of his career.
  • I found a 2006 penny on the ground - It's the first 2006 penny I've seen. It's very shiny. It was heads up, too. That's good luck.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Like my penny, only older.

No comments: