Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Confidential to Rasheed in Detroit, MI

Ha. Ha. Ha.

You'd think that after being proven wrong by LeBron, Rasheed Wallace would stop guaranteeing victories. You'd be wrong.
"I ain't worried about these cats," [Wallace] said. "There's no way in hell they beat us in a series. They played well. I give them credit. We lost. We shot 30 percent and they had to play their best to beat us."
I hereby revoke 'Sheed's place in my LeBron Mafia, due to excessive jackassery in the face of defeat. I like arrogant athletes, but there's a time and a place to just shut up, and that time is usually when you lose to a team you guaranteed you'd beat. And also: "I give them credit. We lost. We shot 30 percent and they had to play their best to beat us." That's not exactly what I call "giving credit."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

And incidentally, 'Sheed, the Cavs did not play their best. They played pretty well, and the Pistons played below average (for them). Had the Cavs played their best, we'd have seen at least ten more points from LeBron and probably another ten between Drew Gooden and Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and the Pistons would have lost by twenty.

No comments: