Tuesday, July 04, 2006

And We're Back

That was the longest I've gone without posting here since I started the site. I don't intend to do that again. A tempermental cable modem and the holiday conspired to keep me offline over most of the long weekend. As a result, you were spared my inane banter.

If, for some reason, you consider that a bad thing, take heart in the fact that at least you weren't one of the 20,000 people awakened by a midnight call from an automated alert system run by their town. This call was meant to alert a neighborhood that a 94-year old man with Alzheimer's had wandered off, but the person who put out the warning didn't exactly know what he was doing, and didn't limit the warning to a neighborhood.

The problem with receiving this alert is not that it would have awakened you late at night, but rather that receiving it would mean that you live in Ann Arbor. I cannot imagine a fate worse than that.

Ok, that was pretty weak, I admit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Oh well, at least it's over now."
"What are you talking about? It's only just beginning!"
"Oh why are we doomed to suffer? And why are those people watching voluntarily?!"

No comments: