Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Couple More Links

I told myself I wasn't going to start season previews before practices began in August, but since there's hardly anything to write about otherwise, I've begun work on mine. Hopefully I'll have the first part out in the next few days.

In the meantime, a couple links:
  • Boom Herron commits - He's the second running back for the class of 2007. The Buckeyes now look to be pretty stocked up at running back, but things can change very quickly, so the more, the merrier. I liked this quote from him:
    "I am going there to compete. I know they’ve got a couple of backs. But they told me the best players are going to play. I love the competition.”
    You definitely like to see that from a player. I can see a five-star guy wanting to be the focus of a program immediately, but if you aren't a superstar headed into college, it's good to be willing to compete and work for a starting spot, rather than take a scholarship to a lesser school where you can be a big fish in a small pond. Or so I think, but then, I'm a little biased. He seems to have his head on straight, unlike the last OSU running back from Warren Harding. I'm happy to have him aboard, and I look forward to seeing him run over a few people in the years to come.
  • Jurgen Klinsmann's stepping down as Germany's soccer coach - I've cooled down on him a little bit over the past week or two, and I don't blame Bruce Arena for the U.S. team's poor showing as much as I did, but still, it'd be great to see him coach the American side. The German team looked great for a lot of the World Cup, and he'd be a big name hire that'd be good for the U.S. team. I'm a little concerned that the German World Cup performance might have been a fluke, though, and the guy's not really all that and a box of crackers. But still, if the USSF decides to make a change, I don't think they'd do better than Klinsmann.

No comments: