Monday, July 31, 2006

Former OSU President Harold Enarson Dies

Harold Enarson, president of Ohio State from 1972 to 1981, has died at age 87.

I first heard about his death through this AP story on ESPN. Somewhat understandably for a sports site, it focuses on what Enarson was most famous for, firing Woody Hayes after the Gator Bowl incident. But, much like Woody Hayes shouldn't be known solely for punching a player, Enarson should be remembered for more than just firing Woody. The university's press release gives a more complete picture of his life and his career. I don't know much about him, but judging from the articles, he was definitely good for the university, and he will be missed.

Not much from me today, and possibly not tomorrow, as I'm currently feeling kinda sick. I'll pick up the posting once I start to feel less crappy.

No comments: